I can show this symbol as I am accredited by a signatory of the UK Dog Behaviour and Training Charter
We believe it is important to be transparent and up front about the services we offer and how much it will cost. We realise getting help from a professional can prove expensive and have set out to make the prices as affordable as we can.
We accept payment by Bacs.
Initially please phone or email with your behavioural enquiry. A free ‘discovery’ call will be arranged to ascertain your support needs and see if our services are right for you. We are only taking on limited cases at the moment, so if we are unable to offer you support we will send you details of other suitably qualified professionals in the local area.
Initial Behaviour Assessment : £190 (to be paid before the initial consult). The assessment process is as follows :
- You complete an online history form. We will also request a vet history or ask you to get a vet check.
- We will then meet with you and your dog to perform the necessary assessment to help understand why your dog is behaving the way they are.
- Based on the assessment you will be given a tailored support plan. You will also be sent handouts and links to videos relevant to the support plan if appropriate.
- An inperson follow up will be arranged to assess progress.
- Any vet communications or referrals to other professionals (eg physio) is included in this price.
Ongoing individual support sessions or coaching walks: £50 (may be subject to additional travel charges). Support zoom or phone calls can be arranged at £10 per 20 minutes.
* We are only offering Behaviour services at the moment. For general training support and advice please see our links page to find details of excellent local trainers.
Guarantees. There can be no guarantees when dealing with dogs and their behavioural issues but the goal is always to get the dog to a better place mentally and emotionally. However we can make these guarantees about my service to you:
- We will not use deliberate aversive punishments on your dog
- We will explain everything in the suggested support plan
- If you are not happy with our approach outlined in the initial zoom/phone session, then a refund will be offered less £50.
- Our fees shall be explained upfront – no hidden extras
- Your dog will be treated with kindness and understanding at all times
- We will endeavour to give all the support you need through the process
- We will be up front about the severity of your issue and our ability to help you
- We shall provide you with all the written documentation you need to help with your support plan, written in a way that is easy to understand and follow
- Any other professionals we refer you to shall be known to us and share our ethical and professional codes
- We are fully insured including public liability. A copy of this can be seen on request.